You spent a lot of time – and probably money – to put up a website that you want to bring in new customers and clients. In a previous article, I encouraged you to look at your website from the customer’s point of view.
Today, I want you to look at it from a business owner’s point of view. There are 5 questions you’re going to want to answer to make sure your site is efficient and effective in converting prospects into customers. Here’s how:
1) What is the speed of your page? Slow loading pages can equate to frustrated and switched-off (literally) potential customers. We’ve become so accustomed to instant gratification that we are so impatient when it comes to slow loading websites. A 2 second delay in load time can see an abandonment rate of up to 87%… that’s right.
2) Does your site have attractive and simple CTAs (Calls to Action)? Are you clearly articulating what you want users to do next? And have you tested your CTA? (more on that later). If you were to visit your site right now, where are you compelled to click next, and does it lead into your sales funnel?
3) Have you added differentiation to your site? By this I mean, are your CTA buttons a different color than your information buttons? Are your hyperlinks a standard color so users understand to click through when you want them to? Are your images in line with your brand and tell a story to your user?
4) Is your site easy to use, update, and simple to integrate plug ins? This is from a systems perspective. Are you reliant on other companies or people to update your website, or can you or a member of your team action updates? Most WordPress sites are super easy to add plug ins easily and quickly. Not to mention, they are constantly introducing incredible plugins and marketing tools that can help you increase your conversion rates with ease and within minutes.
5) What is the website’s bounce rate? A bounce rate is the percentage of a single page visits. It’s the number of visits in which a person leaves your website from the landing page, without looking any further. So understanding what that number is, and then decreasing it are crucial.
Test your website speed by going here (http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/ ) This can be quite a shock to the system!
About Stacey Riska
Stacey Riska, aka “Small Business Stacey” is a serial entrepreneur who is passionate about helping small and local business owners get MORE: MORE leads, MORE customers/clients, MORE sales, and MORE money. She transformed her coffee and smoothie business from being $500K in debt to a 7-figure profitable business by using daily deal marketing. Now she teaches others how to skyrocket their business growth and get massive profits. When not saving the small business world, she enjoys sipping red wine, eating chocolate (who doesn’t!) and spending time with her amazing husband.
Stacey Riska, aka "Small Business Stacey" is a serial entrepreneur who is passionate about saving small - and not so small - businesses one marketing plan at a time. She helps business owners become a #SmallBizMarketingWiz by teaching them marketing strategies that get MORE: MORE leads, MORE customers/clients/patients, MORE sales, and MORE profit. Stacey's in-demand "Small Biz Marketing Success Coaching and Mastermind Program" is transforming the businesses - and lives - of those who want wealth, freedom, and market domination. Her highly acclaimed book "Small Business Marketing Made EZ" lays out the 6-simple-step plan to get your marketing into ACTION - literally and figuratively. Stacey is also the creator of Cups To Gallons, the place where independent coffee, smoothie, juice bar, ice cream, dessert and snack shop owners go to learn how get into lucrative catering so they stop selling by the cup and start selling by the gallon. In this program she teaches from experience, as it was the key strategy that transformed her coffee and smoothie business from being $500K in debt to a 7-figure profitable business. When not saving the small business world, she enjoys sipping red wine, eating chocolate (who doesn't!) and spending time with her amazing husband.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.
What tools do you need to successfully market and grow your business? Swipe the marketing solutions we use.
By signing up you agree to our terms