I don’t know about you, but for most companies, their customer service has a lot to be desired. If you want your company to stand out simply WOW them with the best customer service in the world. #SmallBizMarketingWiz #ASmallBizLife
Marketing in 2 Minutes or Less: What’s Happened To Customer Service?
Why 82% of your customers, clients, and patients are saying, “I will never do business with them again”?
6 Days, 6 Simple Steps
Small Business Marketing Transformation Mini Course
I'm "Small Business Stacey" and I'm going to give you the 6 simple steps that can double - even triple - your sales. Are you ready to get your marketing into ACTION? Sign up below.
Two days ago, my washing machine died. And so I needed to get it fixed. I called to get support and all I got was an automated system. It was impossible to talk to a live person. So it was kinda cool in a way, ’cause you got to go through and schedule an appointment to get it fixed. I thought, fantastic. They scheduled me for the next day. Well, nobody showed up. Nobody called. So, three times, that day, I tried to call somebody. Voicemail full. Tried to call a second time. Nobody answered. The third time, I got a message that said, “Hey. You can text.” So, I texted. Nobody got back to me. Now we’re into the third day. Finally, the company calls me back in a snooty tone saying, “I sent you a text about your appointment.” I was like, “Well, and I texted you back confirming that we were good.” So apparently, they said they didn’t get my text.
Long story short, this was an extremely frustrating situation and still today, three days later, my washing machine is not fixed and they’re not coming out until next week to do it. I have piles and piles of stuff that needs to be washed. This is frustrating. I will never do business with them again. Here’s the thing. 82% of your customers, clients, and patients feel the same and they are going to leave. Here are the stats: 68% of your customers stop buying from you because of poor or indifferent customer service. 14% leave because of an unsatisfactory resolved dispute or complaint. 9% leave because of price. 5% go elsewhere, based on a recommendation. And 1% die. Yeah. Your customers, clients and patients will die.
“When the customer comes first the customer will last.
So that means that 82% are going somewhere else because of a customer service issue. Come on, guys. Did you know that if you can prevent just 5% of your customers, clients and patients from leaving, that means that you will get a 25 to 95% boost in your profit? So as I say in my book, Small Business Marketing Made EZ!, “it is cheaper to keep her”, all right? So stop focusing on getting more, more, more, more, new, new, new. Get your back office systems in place. Make sure that you’re providing great customer service. Your homework today is to mystery shop your business. You may be scarily surprised by what you find out.
Leave me a comment below. This is a topic you can tell I’m really passionate about, because if more small businesses just focused on something as simple as customer service, they could retain 82% more and have a huge boost in their profitability.
This is Small Business Stacey, your Small Biz Marketing Specialist here to help you get your marketing into action and help you become a #SmallBizMarketingWiz.
Stacey Riska, aka "Small Business Stacey" is a serial entrepreneur who is passionate about saving small business and rebuilding Main Street. She helps small and local business owners become a #SmallBizMarketingWiz by teaching them marketing strategies that get MORE: MORE leads, MORE customers/clients/patients, MORE sales, and MORE money. Stacey is the founder of Small Biz Marketing Specialist, THE go-to place for marketing tips, techniques and strategies that get results. She's also the author of "Small Business Marketing Made EZ" where she shares the 6-simple-step plan to get your marketing into ACTION - literally and figuratively. Stacey is also the creator of the Daily Deals for Massive Profits, an online video training program that teaches small and local business owners how to use daily deal sites like Groupon to skyrocket their business growth and get massive profits. In this program she teaches from experience, as it was the key strategy that transformed her coffee and smoothie business from being $500K in debt to a 7-figure profitable business. When not saving the small business world, she enjoys sipping red wine, eating chocolate (who doesn't!) and spending time with her amazing husband.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.